Since GTA V’s release in 2013, hundreds of thousands of modifications were created to support the game. The mod community is among the most enthusiastic gamers and that’s the case for every Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most popular game to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support.
The main issue that many players face with mods is figuring out how to get them installed to ensure they function in game. It can be a bit confusing for those who may not be the best at technology. Additionally, there’s the problem of determining which changes to put in place in 2022 almost year after GTA V initially launched. Below, players can find how to download the mods for GTA V and which ones they should first consider installing.
Mods to download in GTA V
Before players know what mods they need to install, they should be aware of the best way to download the mods. It’s important to know that players can only install mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online. If players try to join GTA Online with mods enabled the player will be at risk of being banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in downloading mods to GTA V. The first step is outlined below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Start the download on your browser, and then follow the installation instructions the application provides.
- After the installation is completed, open the game and choose Windows in the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, and then hit the Tools box at the taskbar at the top of OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. Choose Yes when asked.
What this process provides is the ability where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application anytime to monitor whether their modifications are in good condition, deinstall the mods, or change the mods. The next step of the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to best-modding.com
- Select a mod that you wish to download. You can choose a specific type of mod on the top taskbar on the site and sort them from the latest to the most popular mods in that category.
- Once a mode has been chosen Click on the box, then press the green Download button.
- Certain mods will download the .rar download file for your web browser, while other will direct you to an Github page that contains the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require another program for opening it for instance, 7-Zip File Manager. It is available for download through the Microsoft Store
- After you have opened the .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely find a ReadMe file which can be opened using Notepad. It will provide you with directions on how to download the mod
- If a mod is listed on the Github page and you want to download the most current version, download it. The mod will be downloaded in a zip file that you have to extract to another folder on your PC.
- After you have extracted the files After the files have been extracted, copy or paste it to the Mods folder on the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the same directory you specified in the file path of the OpenIV application.
- Start GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of the file in GTA V’s GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods accessible for download, there’s also mods that make use of scripts. This requires a different mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and then extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file in the GTA V game directories. GTA V, but don’t put them in a specific folder.
- Create a new folder within the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these usually have tags with .net)
- Start the zipped Mod file then extract it time
- The contents should be copied and pasted into the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines for the mod’s use from the mod’s creator. These directions is available at the best-modding.com page about the mod
After all these actions are done After that, players are able to use mods at their own discretion after which they can begin to use mods GTA V.
Best mods available in GTA V
If you’re looking for mods that you can download, the options can seem overwhelming. There are many types of categories, and then thousands of different mods available to select from each of the categories. Each player’s preferences for their mod experience are going to be different, we’ve created five of the top GTA V mods as of 2022.
1. GTA 5 Car Pack:
It has 200cool cars as well as modern and advanced vehicles. It’s the best GTA five car pack to date. With realistic, real-world cars. It is likely to be the most stylish GTA car modifications that feature interactive fun and stunning story mode cars. It will make a lot of GTA enthusiasts happy, so take a look. It’s likely to be the most convenient option for you.
Users have the option of downloading GTA 5 realistic car pack from best-modding.com.
2. GTA 5 Biggest Replacement Car Pack:
Two hundred and twenty GTA 5 Cars (Biggest Replacement Car Pack) that appears in traffic. Selected by me a lot of them have optimized textures. Many models have been modified. Included Modern, Luxury, Sports, Super Fastest Cars in GTA 5… It’s an incredible GTA 5 mod for cars and you should definitely play it.
Users can obtain their biggest replacement GTA 5 car pack via best-modding.com.
3. CooooL GTA 5 Graphics Mod:
It is a GTA 5 Graphics Mod is ideal for players who want to have better images on GTA 5 despite having low-end PCs. This is the preferred choice for a lot of players due to the upgraded visuals graphics provided by this mod appear to be the most authentic. I would suggest downloading the mod (Full Download Free).
Users are able to download Cooool GTA 5 graphics mod from best-modding.com.
4. GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 – GTA 5 Mod:
GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 This is a complete version to Vice Cry for GTA 5 and is available as a DLC and featuring numerous new features added to give players an authentic Vice City experience. One of the top textures of high-quality GTA 5 map mods, Therefore, I recommend you consider it as it will give you the most immersive experience GTA Vice City. It comes with high graphics and a remastered map.
The players can get GTA Vice City remastered map 2.0 GTA Vice City remastered map 2.0 from best-modding.com.
5. The Biggest GTA 5 Garage – Near Michael’s House:
This is the Biggest GTA 5 Garage – Near Michael’s Home: Is the ideal location for you because it’s the sole GTA 5 Garage that will provide additional locations that include motorbikes, cars, planes, helicopters, and even jetpacks, even an oppressor. It’s insane that you’ll need to put it in place and manage your car’s collection without ever leaving Michael’s home.
The players have the option of downloading GTA 5’s biggest GTA 5 garage on best-modding.com.