The benefits of red currant berries are huge. The berry strengthens the immune system, saves from chronic fatigue, and activates the work of internal organs and systems. Redcurrant is a non-allergenic product, therefore children under 1-year-old are allowed to use it. Useful for women and men of all ages. Prepare drinks, desserts, tinctures, and decoctions. Widely used in folk medicine. Check out cold-pressed leek juice.
Ripe berries contain:
- Vitamins of groups B, A, C, E, K, PP, beta carotene, and niacin.
- Macronutrients: potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, silicon, phosphorus, sulfur, chlorine.
- Trace elements: boron, aluminum, iron, vanadium, cobalt, iodine, lithium, copper, manganese, molybdenum, rubidium, nickel, chromium, fluorine, zirconium, zinc.
- digestible carbohydrates.
Redcurrant is called a storehouse of nutrients. It contains the most vitamin C and calcium.
Nutritional value, calories
100 g of the product contains 43 kcal. Of these, proteins 0.6 g, fats 0.2 g, carbohydrates 7.7 g. Dietary fiber 3.4 g, water 85 g. Low-calorie berries are often included in the diet for weight loss. Currant saturates the body with useful substances, and elements, and maintains a high level of energy potential
Benefits for the body
Fresh berries have many useful properties:
- removes toxins, salts, and slags;
- improves the functioning of the digestive tract;
- stops inflammatory processes;
- has a choleretic, laxative effect;
- lowers blood pressure;
- strengthens blood vessels, and heart;
- enhances sweating;
- lowers body temperature, and cholesterol;
- improves appetite;
- speeds up metabolism and promotes weight loss;
- strengthens the immune system;
- normalizes the hormonal background;
- prevents the formation of a cancerous tumor;
- activates regeneration processes.
Redcurrant juice refreshes, tones, quenches thirst, relieves body heat, and nausea, and quenches the gag reflex. Relieves constipation, and colic in the intestines. Find out pineapple juice apple cider vinegar and honey.
Useful properties for women
It is recommended to use red currant in any form for women with painful periods, delays, and hormonal imbalances. Berries improve mood, increase energy potential, and improve the condition of the skin, hair, and nails. It is recommended to eat currants with a breakdown, after an illness, with depression, nervous breakdown, or menopause.
Useful properties for men
Red currant strengthens blood vessels, improves blood circulation, strengthens the immune system, and enhances energy potential. Men should eat berries, currant dishes, drinks with heavy physical exertion, chronic fatigue, and problems with potency.
Useful properties for the child’s body
Pediatricians are allowed to give redcurrant compote to babies from 9 months. The berry rarely causes an allergic reaction and has a beneficial effect on the baby’s body. Strengthens the immune system, eliminates colic, normalizes the digestive tract, fights constipation, and maintains hemoglobin at a high level.
During pregnancy, feeding
The composition of the berry contains substances that are useful for the body of a woman, a fetus. Currant removes excess fluid, eliminates swelling, improves mood, eliminates the symptoms of toxicosis, normalizes stools, and helps to cope with the symptoms of a cold.
Vitamin C increases the protective functions of the body, iron maintains hemoglobin at a normal level, and potassium has a beneficial effect on the heart and blood vessels. Calcium is needed for the normal formation of the child’s bone tissue.
With a lack of this component in the body of a pregnant woman, teeth deteriorate, nails break, and hair ends to split. Currant juice is recommended to drink in the morning to eliminate the symptoms of toxicosis.