How to win a “Chevening” scholarship in the UK?
1. What is the UK Chevening Scholarship?
The Chevening Scholarship is one of the best Masters’s scholarships in the UK. But to become an ideal candidate for it, you need to carefully understand the application and selection process!
The Chevening Scholarship is a fully funded, one-year Master’s degree program in the UK that encourages outstanding and promising leaders around the world to practice their innovative research ideas, work on global issues and strengthen their leadership skills to build a better future.
The competition for this scholarship is very high, and to be selected, it is essential to become familiar with every step of the process. With a Chevening Scholarship, a candidate will be able to study and explore things they never even dreamed of, and get a huge amount of great experiences)
2. Application steps and basic information
Following are the steps for processing an application:
- Submitting an online application.
- Applying to universities and getting an offer
- English language proficiency test
- 1 year
- Graduate programs
When do applications open and close?
- Applications for the Chevening Scholarship open in September and close in November of each year
- Tuition fee
- Economy class return tickets
- Arrival allowance
- Travel allowance
- Visa fee reimbursement.
- Travel allowance
- Reimbursement for TB testing up to £75
- Monthly stipend for room and board.
What are the general eligibility criteria for applying?
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree before applying.
- Must be a citizen of one of the countries or territories eligible for the Chevening Scholarship (Russia and the CIS countries on the list)
- Must meet the English language proficiency criteria
- As a candidate, you will be required to mention in the four required essays your work experience and your academic background, as well as the activities in which you have participated and shown leadership qualities.
How many hours of work is required for a Chevening Scholarship?
- The minimum number of hours of work experience for a Chevening Scholarship is 2,800 hours over two years.
If the candidate has worked part-time, his experience may be longer.
What work experience is required?
- The work experience of the candidate does not have to be related to his field.
Does the candidate need proof of work experience?
- The candidate does not need to provide any proof of their work experience.
Applicant must have work experience equivalent to 2800 hours, which may include the following:
- Unpaid internship
- Part-time internship – Full-time internship
3. How to choose a course and university?
The choice can be as follows:
- Applying for the same course at 3 different universities.
- Applying for 3 different courses at the same university.
What grading system should you indicate in the questionnaire?
- The candidate must know his grade according to the British system, which is 2:1 or 2:2, etc.
- First Degree (1st): not less than 4.75 out of 5.0
- Upper second class honors (2:1): not less than 4.0 out of 5.0
- Lower second class honors (2:2): less than 4.0
Choosing a university and program?
- Your task is to get an offer from the university, so you should realistically assess your chances and apply to these universities, where the probability of admission is high.
- Check if the program is suitable for your specialty and if it matches your Bachelor’s degree. For example, if you studied economics and are currently applying for an engineering degree, you may have questions.)
- The candidate should always pay attention to the duration of the course, as the Chevening Scholarship is issued for a period of 9 to 12 months.
- Apply to universities as early as possible to have time to receive an invitation and attach it to your application for Chevening.
4. Essay Writing Tips for the Chevening Scholarship
In total, you need to write 4 essays, each of which should consist of 500 words:
- The 1st essay is dedicated to networking
- The candidate should mention his organizational relationships and personal connections both nationally and internationally.
- You can talk about how communication is built with people of various professions, including representatives of the government and international organizations, government bodies, and academia.
- You can mention how the acquaintance with other cultures, age groups, and socioeconomic classes took place.
- It is worth talking in detail about your communication skills in various areas.
Visit us: Stars Academy LMS
The 2nd essay will ask about your leadership qualities
- You need to detail the various situations in which you have played a leadership role.
- How did you manage the team in various projects?
- How they managed public projects with a fixed budget.
- The opinion of each member was taken into account and negotiations were conducted between them.
- How to work with different personalities and manage successful projects.
- What has your project contributed in the long run and what positive changes has it made to the community?
In the 3rd essay, you will need to talk about career plans
- You need to mention your career plans, which show how you are going to support your community or country.
- All goals should be reasonably reasonable and realistic (preferably with numbers).
- The candidate’s plans must include a social, academic, and professional approach.
- The candidate must describe his/her skills, volunteer activities, and work experience.
The 4th essay will be about why you want to continue your studies in the UK
- Many people want to study in the UK, but the reasons must be good and relevant
- The candidate should mention their interest in mutual understanding of representatives of different cultures.
- The candidate must show an interest in international research that will contribute to the development of the community.
5. Letters of recommendation
The candidate must submit 2 letters of recommendation.
The referrer must know the candidate either professionally or in academia.
Letters of recommendation will be reviewed by the British Council as soon as the candidate is listed.
6. Chevening Scholarship Interview
Once a candidate is on the list, they will be invited for an interview at the British Embassy in their city or locality.
During the interview, be confident and don’t be nervous, as this is the stage that leads to the scholarship.
The Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 interview will be held from March 1st to April 30th.
Once a candidate has been selected, they will receive an email that they will have to respond to to reserve a spot for an interview.
Read Extra: https://econarticle.com/how-to-open-an-online-school-and-start-earning/
The interview will take place in person, only in exceptional cases interviews will be conducted virtually.
The applicant will have to submit certain required documents by February 22, 2022. Required documents:
- Statements of academic progress
- Certificates of Achievement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Short Biography Essay
The candidate must bring the following documents: –
Passport or ID
The interview will be held in English.
7. How do I prepare for a Chevening Scholarship interview?
You must be confident in your career plans and must correlate your plans with the realities of your country and specialty.
Must be confident in your values, and achievements, even in small leadership projects, and show that you have made a great contribution to your community.
You should read your statement or essay before the interview and prepare for the questions that will be asked by the interviewer. If you know your application well, you will stop being nervous and feel more confident.
You must have a brief idea of your course and be able to prove your interest in it.
Rehearsing before the interview will increase your chances of selection and relieve stress in advance.
Don’t be monotonous during the interview, change your tone and be sincere.
You should be prepared for questions that are not related to the course and goals, for example, you may be asked about what places you would like to visit in the UK.
Able to show interest in creating good relations between the UK and your country.
Working on a laptop or computer, it will be difficult to fill out an application on the mobile version.
Don’t forget to save) If you press “Back” and don’t save, you’ll have to do it all over again.
All profiles are checked for plagiarism, so keep this in mind.
It is better to apply for similar programs, this will make it easier for you to explain your position and show that you know what you want to study
Please do not fill out the application in a hurry, make a draft and review your application several times. Each element of the application must be linked to another.
Do not wait for the application deadline, the system stops working normally in the last hours. So be careful and apply before the deadline.
I hope these recommendations will help you become a successful candidate.
Read More: Highly Demand For Microsoft Training