How to launch a ride-hailing app like Ola in the UK?
The advent of smartphones among individuals gave rise to the demand for online taxi services. These online platforms enable them to enter their desired location. The algorithm embedded in the app will connect the users with nearby drivers. The capability to book rides in just a fraction of seconds motivates people to prefer ride-hailing services over traditional ones.
Almost all transportation networks have adopted digital routes to enhance their business. There is no shortcut for success, but we can find out the best possible routes for success. The on-demand taxi services are the prominent options among individuals for scheduling their rides. Here is a golden ticket for your business! Grab the best Uber clone and launch a taxi app service.
Ola – A Brief Overview
Launched in 2012 as Olatrip.com, it initially focused on offering weekend trip packages. The app came into existence in the city of Mumbai in India. It established a platform to connect customers with drivers. It provides utmost convenience, transparency, and comfortability. The core ideology of the app is to ensure safe and secure journeys throughout their trips.
In 2018, Ola witnessed its first overseas market in Australia and New Zealand. Ola is not just confined to ride-hailing; they have ventured into various other service markets also. The company also owns an independent Ola fleet, Ola financial services, Ola foods, and Ola cars.
The Successful Business Model Of Ola Ride-hailing App
When you are on the verge of developing a similar taxi booking app, it is important to grasp every bit of information from them. The lucrative business model is also one of the many reasons that paved the way for the success of the app. The business model of Ola operates on a two-sided marketplace. It is based on the theory of demand and supply. Here, the users lie on the demand side who constantly request a ride from the platform. On the other hand, the drivers lie on the supply side.
When demand meets the supply, that is where the success of your business gets determined. Ola succeeded in the market following the same pattern. The platform was developed to deal with both the users and drivers. However, the level of convenience and reliability is quite high for both the customers and drivers.
The revenue of the app comes from commission fees and delivery fees. The drivers are not directly employed by the company, whereas they are independent drivers. When drivers partner with the app, they are confined to paying commission charges to the app for each ride they receive through them. The drivers have all liberty to accept or reject the ride request. The delivery fee is collected from each customer for choosing to ride with the app.
How To Plan For Launching Your Ola Clone In The UK?
The core of the business lies in its demand in the market. In the current scenario, taxi apps have become a mandatory part of our lives. In urban centers, people rely on these online taxi services to book their rides. This demand among individuals from well-developed cities is the driving force that can enable you to launch your on-demand taxi service.
Major points to consider when developing an app as Ola includes,
- Before diving into the market, it is important to have a blueprint on how to approach the market.
- Create a sustainable model for your business. In the future, your business will expand wider. In such a situation, the business model you adopt should support your business standards.
- The customer demands have to be addressed to make sure that all their queries are met.
- Study the market of the region where you have to launch your business. When it comes to the UK, you have to understand the buying behavior of the customers. This will help you find the best ways to attract your customers.
- Adapting to the cultural and local nuances of the region is the most important aspect to consider while launching your app. While launching your app in the UK, you have to be very particular about their local culture.
Top-Notch Features Of A Ride-hailing App Like Ola
To launch ride-hailing app, make sure you have adopted the following features.
- Once the users register themselves with the app, they can proceed with creating their profile. They can enter their contact details and other major information about them.
- The users can schedule their rides in advance by entering the pick-up time and pick-up location. Moreover, this allows them to schedule their rides in much advance.
- The route optimization feature guides the drivers by pointing to the best routes for reaching the destination.
- The live tracking feature allows the users to track the location of their rides in real-time.
- The app is boosted with diverse payment options so that the users can pay for their rides seamlessly.
The on-demand taxi service is thriving in the market. This has opened opportunities for entrepreneurs like you to venture into the taxi market. Start developing your Ola clone to commence your on-demand taxi service.