One of the top lessons we have learnt during the Covid-19 is how important it is to keep our living areas in the best condition. Moreover, the significance of maintenance Laminate when you and your family spend most of the time at home. So, if you have designed your home with decorative laminates and wondering how to keep it in pristine condition throughout the year, check the facts discussed below.
In contemporary times, laminates play a vital role in the interior décor of maximum homes. So, whether it is flooring or furniture, laminates need to be adequately maintained so that they remain clean and shiny all the time. Below are the major tips that every homeowner should follow to keep laminate surfaces beautiful and ensure they last for a long time.
- Even though laminates have the power to resist a lot of wear and tear, they can still get scratched by sharp and pointed objects. In that case, it is advisable to ensure that sharp and pointed items are kept far from laminate surfaces as much as possible. At the same time, make sure not to use any steel scrubbers or abrasive materials when cleaning the surface because that can cause scratch marks on the plain surface.
- Some laminates tend to fade when exposed to sunlight for long periods every day.
- Laminates get warped due to excessive exposure to moisture or water. It is advisable to ensure that the laminate-installed furniture should be kept away from humid areas. Besides, it would be wise to protect the laminate surfaces from excess water even while cleaning them.
Since the dirt from shoes settle on the floors every day and dull their appearance over time, it is wise to mop them regularly so that it stays clean every day. In that case, you can use the specialized solutions meant for cleaning laminate floors perfectly.
- Avoid using a wet, but damp microfiber cloth that will get rid of all the dirt and even require less water as excessive exposure to water can damage the laminate surface.
- Never use sponge or string mops because they leave behind a trail of streaky marks on the laminate floors. Besides, they also demand more water which may seep into the cracks and even damage the floor over time.
- It is also advisable to avoid polishing the floor surface or waxing it because it doesn’t have the features of genuine wood to tolerate it.
- Strong chemical cleaner bleach, scouring pads, or steel wool is a big no-no because it increases the chances of scratching or discolouration to some extent.
In that case, the ideal way to maintain the laminate surface of the furniture in your home is to ensure regular dusting with a soft cloth to keep it clean throughout the year. Here, ensure that you are using a vacuum cleaner that has a soft bristle brush attached to it or a microfiber cloth as it will provide the desired cleaning you want. However, wet wiping is not advisable here as it will leave behind marks as well as may warp the laminate surface with time.
- If you spot fingerprints on the door laminate sheets, make sure to remove them with a soft dry cloth as soon as possible.
- If there are marks visible after dusting, find a sponge that is a bit dampened for cleaning the place. Also, never apply wax, varnish, or polish to enhance the visual appeal of the laminate furniture.
- It is advisable to avoid spraying the cleaning solution directly on the laminate surface because it may lead to the formation of a stain on the surface. In that case, ensure that you’re spraying the solution on the mop before commencing the cleaning process.
- Even the detergent cleaners often leave a fine film on the furniture. Hence, it is wise not to allow any water solution to sit for a long time as the laminate may begin to peel off over time.
Best laminate brand in India
Hopefully, the above-mentioned tips will help you to maintain the elegance of your home décor seamlessly. However, it is always advisable to choose the best laminate brand in India to ensure they last a long time in your living area. So choose the best laminates for your home and care for them to make them last a long time Read More